Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1 Devlali Library has a wide collection of about 19504 well selected books and educational CD/DVD’s in almost all subjects ranging from English/Hindi Fiction, Non-fiction, reference books, encyclopedias, dictionaries etc. The Vidyalaya Library subscribes to leading newspapers and educational magazines, every year Book exhibitions, Book fair and various competitions related to reading and creative writing are organized to encourage supplementary reading.
The Library provides a welcoming learning environment for students and staff; supports the school’s aims and curriculum; encourages the love of reading and the development of students’ independent learning skills.
The library is open every school day from 08 a.m. to 3.30 p.m.
According to the school time table the students of Class VI-XII can visit the library for the issue and return of the books during their library periods. They can refer books and participate in library activities during this time.
Students 02 book for a period of 02 weeks Faculty and staff Maximum 05 books for a period of 01 month.The users should submit their ID cards for the automated circulation of books.
Open Access and Classification
The library follows an open access system. The books are classified and shelved according to the Dewey Decimal Classification (Ed.22). Every book is barcoded and spine labels are attached. Junior fiction is shelved separately.
The stock and services of the library has been automated with an Integrated Library .eGranthalaya software. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) of library holdings is available. Patrons can search by using keywords, author, title and subject.
Technology has touched and transformed our lives like never before every aspect of our life, be it academic, professional or entertainment, has been revolutionalised by its miraculous impact.It has also changed the way we used to view a library. Library is no longer just a collection of books, but it is the centre point of any educational Institution. A good library should be able to collect information whether in print form or electronic and disseminate it among all concerned.Its reach should not be confined to the institution where it is housed,it should go beyond and attract our students and teachers who are in search of good reading material. That is why we at KV1 Devlali, have opened up the portals of our library to the world. With the help of digital library anyone can visit our library and read books, journals, newspapers, encyclopedias, dictionaries etc.. Student corner, teachers corner, kids corner, career corner is very useful for students, teachers and parents.
* Assist students and teachers in the use of library resources information technology.
* Promote reading programmes and cultural events.
* Participate in planning activities connected to the implementation the curriculum.
* Participate in the preparation, implementation and evaluation learning activities.
* Promote the evaluation of library services as an intergral part of general school evaluation System.
* Encourage creative thinking and develop reading habits among the Students.
BOOKS IN OUR LIBRARY
|SR.NO.||NO.OF BOOKS DEPARTMENT/SUBJECT WISE||TOTAL BOOKS|
|18||GAMES & SPORTS/खेल विभाग||170|
|34||GENERAL REFERENCE BOOKS||472|
|35||CAREER GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING||224|
|TOTAL BOOKS & EDUCATIONAL CD’s||19954|
|BOOKS WRITE OFF/CONDEMNED||5166|
|BOOKS LOST & AMOUNT PAID||514|
|TOTAL BOOKS & EDUCATIONAL CD’s ON||14274|
- विद्यालय सभी छात्र और कर्मचारी पुस्तकालय के सदस्य हैं ।
- एक विद्यार्थी दो सप्ताह की अवधि के लिए एक बार में केवल दो पुस्तके जारी करवा सकता है।
- एक स्टाफ पूरे माह की अवधि के लिए एक समय में अधिकतम पांच पुस्तके जारी करवा सकता है।
- पुस्तकालय कालांश के दौरान विद्यार्थियोकों पुस्तके जारी की जाएगी। पढ़ाई के दौरान कोई पुस्तक जारी व वापस नहीं की जाएगी।
- पुस्तकालय की पुस्तकों, पत्रिकाओं और समाचार पत्र पर चिन्ह लगाना,अंडरलाईन अथवा लिखना सख्त मना है।
- संदर्भ पुस्तके और वर्तमान पत्रिकाएँ किसी भी सदस्य को जारी नहीं की जाएगी। इन्हे केवल पुस्तकालय मे ही पढ़ना है।
- यदि पुस्तके निर्धारित समयावधि मे नहीं लौटाई जाती तो इसे गंभीरता से लिया जाएगा और नियमों के अनुसार जुर्माना लगाया जाएगा।
- पुस्तकाध्यक्ष किसी भी पुस्तक को किसी भी समय लौटाने के लिए कह सकता है बशर्ते पुस्तक लौटाने की अवधि समाप्त न हुई हो।
- यदि पुस्तक खराब,फाड़ी अथवा खो जाती है तो संबधित विद्यार्थी/ स्टाफ को पुस्तक की वर्तमान बाजार कीमत अथवा पुस्तक लाकर देनी होगी।
- कृपया सुनिश्चित करे कि पढ़ने के पश्चात पुस्तके,पत्रिकाएँ अथवा समाचार पत्र उनके निर्धारित स्थान पर वापस रखे।
- सदस्य पुस्तकालय फर्नीचर और अन्य उपस्करों की अच्छी देखभाल करेंगे। कृपया सुनिश्चित करें कि पुस्तकालय छोड़ते समय उसकी व्यवस्था वैसी ही हो जैसा कि जब आप आए थे।
- पुस्तकालय में ड्रिंक और भोजन लाना मना है।
- पुस्तकालय संगणक केवल शैक्षिक उद्देश्य के लिए हैं। संगणक सेटिंग्स के साथ छेड़छाड़ न करे।इंटरनेट सुरक्षा दिशानिर्देशों का अनुपालन करें।
- प्रत्येक विद्यार्थी/स्टाफ को विद्यालय छोड़ते/स्थानांतरण के समय पुस्तकाध्यक्ष से ”बेबाकी प्रमाणपत्र “‘ No Dues Certificate’ प्राप्त करना अनिवार्य है।
- पुस्तकालय मे आदेशों का दृढ़तापूर्वक अनुपालन करे और मौन बनाए रखे। यदि बहुत आवश्यक हो धीरे बोले।
- All students and staff of the school are members of the library.
- A students can borrow only two books at a time for a period of two weeks.
- A staff members can borrow maximum five books at a time for a period of one month.
- Books will be issued to the students, during the library periods. No book will be issued or returned during the teaching hours.
- Marking, underlining or writing on library books, periodicals, and newspapers is strictly forbidden.
- Reference books and current periodicals will not be issued to any member. These can be consulted only In the library.
- If the books are not returned within the specified time it will be viewed seriously and fine will be charged as per rules.
- The librarian may call for a book at any time, even if the normal period of loan has not expired.
- In case book is misused, wrongly handled or lost the person concerned will have to replace the book or pay the current market price of the book.
- After reading, make sure that the books, periodicals and newspapers are kept back at their respective Places.
- The members should take good care of library furnishing and equipment. Make sure the library looks as good when you leave as it did when you came in.
- Drink and food are not allowed in the library.
- Library computers are for academic purpose only. Do not temper with the computer settings. Follow the internet safety guidelines.
- A ‘No Dues Certificate’ by each students is to be obtained from the librarian while his/her transfer/withdrawal from the school.
- Strict order and silence shall be maintained in the library and speak softly if needed.
(As per new library policy 2012)
Frequently asked questions?
How do I become a member of the Library?
All students, and staff are members of library and no other formality is required. As soon as you get your ID Card, please visit the library once to activate your membership.
How do I search books (in Catalogue (OPAC)?
1. Go to library blog home page. There is e Granthalaya search box with caption “Search Catalogue (OPAC)”. Enter a word or words from title or subject or author of a book you like to search. Press enter. It will list all books matching the words you input.
2. You can also click on “Advanced Search” just below the search box. It will take you to another page “Web OPAC Page”. It provides Simple Search and Advanced Search options.
3. In Simple Search, you can search books by Author, Title (any word in the title, subtitle) , Accession No. , Classification No., Series, ISBN No, Keyword, Supervisor, or Publisher. Use “Enter the String” box to input words etc from any of the fields mentioned above.
4. You can restrict your search to a particular media like Books, e-Books, Reports
5. In Advanced Search, you can search books by combining several fields like author, title, keyword, publishers etc. This will give very specific / more relevant results.
What is “OPAC”?
OPAC stands for Online Public Access Catalogue. This is a database of all books, reference books, e-books, etc. available in the library. It enables speedy searching of a particular book, books on a given subject, and/or a book by an author.
How do I borrow books?
Go to the library, pick up the books you like to borrow, carry these books to the Circulation Counter. Show your ID Card. The library staff will assist you in getting these books issued to you.
What are the issue/return (of books) timings of the Library?
8AM – 2.30PM hrs on all working days
How many books can I borrow?
Students can borrow 02 books at a time for 07 days, and Staff members can borrow upto 05 books for 15 days. More details can be seen at “Book Borrowing/Lending”.
How do I recommend a book for purchase in the Library?
Students and staff can recommend books (including reference books, Fiction and Non-fiction in Hindi and English, Educational Periodicals, Text Books of NCERT,CBSE etc) for purchase by the library.
Go to library blog home page and download a “Book Suggestion Form”. Fill in all the details in respect of books recommended for purchase. Forward the completed Form to the library.
Is there any limit on number of books to be recommended in a year by a user ?
No. There is no limit on the number of books to be recommended. However, the purchase of books in a year will be restricted within the allotted budget.
What if I require a book longer than the loan period?
If you require a book longer than the loan period you may renew it by bringing the book to the issue/return counter. As long as the book is not reserved, you will be able to renew it once.
What if the book is lost?
The user can replace the book with the same edition. If not, the cost of the book may be recovered from him/her.
How to get Library “NO DUES” certificate?
Before applying for TC you have to clear all the dues ( like returning of books, clearance of fine if any) for getting NO DUES. In case of Class X and XII they have to clear all dues at the time of getting their Admit Cards for Board Exams.
COLOUR CODING OF BOOKS FOR CLASS LIBRARIES-(PRIMARY SECTION)
The classified books should be pasted with coloured slips on the spine for easy identification and shelving.
The colour codes are,
- White (Class-I)
- Blue (Class-II)
- Green (Class-III)
- Yellow (Class-IV)
- Red (Class-V)
BASIC INFORMATION LITERACY CURRICULUM
The basic information literacy curriculum is aimed at developing the skills of students to:-
- recognize their information needs;
- locate and evaluate the quality of information;
- store and retrieve information;
- make effective and ethical use of information; and
- apply information to create communicate knowledge
- The recommended skill standards are:-
Standard 1. Define an information Task
Students will be able to define problems competently and identify information needs.
Standard 2. Develop Information Seeking Strategies
Students will be able to develop strategies to find information relevant to their question or Personal need.
Standard 3. Locate and Access Information
Students will be able to access and gather information efficiently and effectively.
Standard 4. Use Information
Students will able to evaluate resources for their appropriateness, select best and extract the Most relevant information.
Standard 5. Syenthesize information
Students will organize new information from multiple sources to construct a product that Communicates the results of their research.
Standard 6. Participate in collaborative Activities
Students will participate effectively in groups to pursue and generate information.
Standard 7. Evaluate the process and the product
Students will evaluate both the research process and the final product. This may include both Self and peer evaluation.
Standard 8. Appropriate Literature
Students will gain an increased enjoyment of literature and grow in their abilities to locate. And select appropriate reading materials independently.
INFORMATION LITERACY CURRICULUM CHART
|Key: I=Introduce; T=Teach; A=Apply||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11||12|
|Students will understand how to use the library and its
|E. Physical layout and Resource Location||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T|
|F. Books/Periodicals/multimedia/other resources/
|G. Internet Safety
a) Internet safety Policy
b) Cyber crime and security measures
|II. Resources Selection & Access|
|Students will recognize the availability of information from a wide range of sources, understand their various components, be able to make distinctions among them, and retrieve them for use.|
|A. Print Resources|
|1. Part of Book|
|g. Title pages, verso|
|h. Table of contents||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||T||A||A||A|
|2.Types of print Resources|
|d. Year Book||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A||A|
|i. Primary source Documents||I||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||A||A|
|j. Biographical Dictionary||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A|
|2. Historical fiction|
|3. Science fiction|
|5. Short Stories|
|6. Realistic fiction|
|b. Folktales, Fairy Tales, Fables|
|d. Plays (Drama)||I||I||I||I||I||T||T||T||T|
|g. Compare/contrast genres||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A|
|4. Dewey Decimal System|
|c. Numerical Order, Call No.||I||T||T||T||T|
|B. Non-print Resources|
|1. Websites/ Search Engines||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A||A|
|2. Internet Search||I||T||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A|
|a. Search, Terms (Keyword, author, title, Subject)
b. Simple, Advanced Search
|3. OPAC, Web OPAC||I||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A||A|
|a) Search Terms ( Keyword, author, title, Subject)||I||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A|
|4. Audio (audio books, language learning)||I||I||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A||A|
|6. Digital Library,
E-Books, E-Journals, web 2.0
|7. Library Website/Blog
8. School & KVS websites
|C. Mass Media|
|1. Structural features of mass media forms
( Television channels, radio, Newspapers)
|2. Analysing media messages||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A|
|3. Social Media: awareness and use
4. Securing your online privacy
5. Mobile technology
|III. Reasearch / Resource Utilization|
|Students will use a research process strategy to gather
And use information responsibility from the most effective resources.
|A. Identity research need||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T|
|B. Formulate questions||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T|
|C. Select appropriate resources||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T|
|D. Gather information||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A|
|3. Summarizing (Book review)||I||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A|
|E. Evaluate information for relevancy, authority,
Content, currency, point of view
|F. Gather bibliographical information||I||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A|
|G. Ethical use|
|IV. Communication of Information|
|Students will create presentation in a variety of formats
To communicate information
|A. Create presentations to inform or persuade (oral, written, artistic, computer, multimedia)||I||T||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A|
|B. Credit sources in proper format||I||T||T||T||T||A||A||A|
|V. Literature Appreciation & Comprehension|
|Students will be exposed to and participate in a variety
Of literary experiences to increase appreciation and understanding of literature.
|A. Reading, writing, and speaking for comprehension||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T||T|
|B. Recognizes literary elements|
|1. Main Idea/ Theme||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A||A||A|
|2. Plot / Sequence||T||T||T||T||T||A||A||A||A|
|C. Award Winners||T||T||T||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A|
|Teaching Methodologies:- Lecture, Class discussion, demonstration, gaming, notebook, class/Individual projects, reading aloud, storytelling, filling out forms, construct a drama, role play, library visits, preparing newsletters, quiz, quick search, case studies, audio visual, assignments, hands on, competitions, question and answers, CAL/TAL, etc.|
|Teaching Aids:- Library work book, pintables, posters, bulletin boards, hand outs, CD/DVDs, e-reader, audio systems,
Questionnaires, toys, charts, flash cards, digital presentations, etc.
|Evaluations:- Exam evaluations, one sentence summary, demonstrations, Minute paper, post tests, presentations by students, creating contents, publishing/posting, etc.|