The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the entrance gateway to the National Law Universities (NLUs) across India. The exam will be conducted by NLU, Cuttack (Odisha) this year.The online registration for CLAT 2019 is open now. The candidates who will appear in the examination can apply through the official website clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in.
On the basis of CLAT scores, candidates can also get admission into various government & private law colleges across the country.
The last date to apply online is March 31, 2019.The entrance exam for admission to bachelor’s and master’s level courses in law is scheduled to on May 12, 2019 at 5 pm.
- There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2019.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2 or an equivalent examination), the candidates must have secured:
- Forty five percent (45%) marks or its equivalent grade in case of candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCIcategories
- Forty Percent (40%) marks or equivalent in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2019 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2019 examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the break of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
- Higher marks in the component /section on legal aptitude in the CLAT-2019 exam;
- Higher age;
- Computerised draw of lots.
- The online enrollment for CLAT 2019 will open on 13th January 2019 and close on 31st March 2019.
- The applications has to be submitted ONLINE only from clatconsortiumofnlu.ac.in website.
- The CLAT 2019 examination will be held on Sunday, the 12th May 2019 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- The CLAT 2019 examination will be held in OFFLINE mode
- The candidates are first required to register themselves at the CLAT-2019 website by using personal mobile number and e-mail Id. Upon registration, an OTP will be sent to the given mobile number for validation. Once your mobile number is validated, you can login using your mobile number and the password you provided at the time of registration.
- No alteration/editing in the online application form can be done after successful submission/final submission of the form.
- The candidate shall fill his/her preference order for all 21 NLUs at the time of online application itself. No change shall be allowed in the preference once the form is submitted by the candidate.
Documents to be uploaded with the Online Application.
- Front facing passport size recent photograph with plain background
- Signature of the candidate
- Category certificate if you are applying under SC/ST/OBC
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are applying if candidate is P.W.D
- Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category
- Relevant certificate for your respective State of Domicile
- The original certificates/documents issued by the competent authority as specified in the brochure are to be submitted to the allotted University in the form and manner as specified by the respective universities at the time of admission.
- The photograph and signature of the candidate need not be attested while submitting the Online Application Form.
- No hard copy of the filled in online application form is to be sent to the CLAT Consortium Office.
- All documents/certificates should be uploaded in pdf format only.
- Application fees can be paid only online.
- Application fee for General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI candidates : Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST/BPL category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years’ question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2019 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.
Admit Card/Hall ticket
- The Admit Card/Hall ticket can be downloaded by the candidate by logging into his/her account.
- The admission to UG and PG programmes in participating universities under CLAT-2019 shall be completed through centralised online counselling conducted by the CLAT Consortium Office. The basis of allotment of seats shall be ‘merit-cum-preference’, i.e., the CLAT Rank, the order of preference given by the candidate in the CLAT application form and the category/categories selected by the candidate in the online application form and the number of seats and their division/break-up as available in each of the participating NLU. Online counselling shall start after the declaration of CLAT-2019 results.